I haven't tried filling out forms.  I have found that tables are not preserved as tables but reading straight text works very well if the text is formatted so it can be shown in the correct order in the first place.

Also, by default, Edge returns to the last page you were reading when you open a document again.
Gene

On 5/18/2022 3:03 PM, JM Casey wrote:
Hey.

Firefox can indeed open pdf files, and has been able to do so for quite a few years. Theya re readable with screen-readers using this browser. Not sure about filling them out, though.
When I had to fill out a whole crapload of immigration forms, I used Adobe Acrobat Pro.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: May 18, 2022 03:45 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] for the third time, filling out a PDF

Bob,

I have watched the messages all day and held back while so many were answering you.

Firstly, Firefox cannot read PDF files. You need either edge or Chrome or Adobe.

If you want to open the .pdf file in Word then use the context menu to open it with word.

Here are the steps:
1. locate the file you want to open;
2. Press shift + f10 or the application key beside the right control key; 3. Press "n"  twice until you hear "Open With"; 5. press right arrow and down until you hear "Microsoft Word" and press enter.

The file will then open in Word.

All the best,

Cearbhall