From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Daniel Sommerfeld via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, 19 May 2022 11:21
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows mail with NVDA usable?

CAUTION: This email originated from OUTSIDE the Government Email Infrastructure. DO NOT CLICK LINKS or OPEN attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Luke.

Well i entered windows mail in the windows search field and it opened but i didn't even manage to set up an account. To me with NVDA it looked like a bluescreen.

Is there a not so expensive way to use outlook? I mean, the pricing is kind of high, because you can only seem to purchase outlook with extras, that i don't need. Is there something like a plane outlook?

Regards

Daniel

Am 19.05.2022 um 10:44 schrieb Luke Davis:
Daniel Sommerfeld wrote:

I have tried Windows mail with NVDA and it seems to me, that it is
not usable.
It depends on what you are trying to do with it.
For very basic reading, writing, and forwarding, it works well enough.

Some of its folder actions, selection options, etc., are not so very
accessible.

Better to use Thunderbird or Outlook if you can.

Luke