Re: Windows mail with NVDA usable?

Daniel Sommerfeld

Hi Rob, Michael and Gene.

As i said, i don't even get to the account setup settings because with NVDA i seem to have a bluescreen. A sighted person could see all the things but that doesn't really help me.

I can not say why, but i am not 100 percent satisfied with Thunderbird. It is just a feeling. No logical reasons.

And Michael, What is becky mail? I've never heard of it before.

Am 19.05.2022 um 11:44 schrieb Robert Doc Wright godfearer:

Describe to us the steps you took to set up an account?

On 5/19/2022 3:21 AM, Daniel Sommerfeld wrote:
Hi Luke.

Well i entered windows mail in the windows search field and it opened but i didn't even manage to set up an account. To me with NVDA it looked like a bluescreen.

Is there a not so expensive way to use outlook? I mean, the pricing is kind of high, because you can only seem to purchase outlook with extras, that i don't need. Is there something like a plane outlook?

Regards

Daniel

Am 19.05.2022 um 10:44 schrieb Luke Davis:
Daniel Sommerfeld wrote:

I have tried Windows mail with NVDA and it seems to me, that it is not usable.
It depends on what you are trying to do with it.
For very basic reading, writing, and forwarding, it works well enough.

Some of its folder actions, selection options, etc., are not so very accessible.

Better to use Thunderbird or Outlook if you can.

Luke