Re: for the third time, filling out a PDF

Gene

But for someone like me who almost never works with fillable forms or with PDF documents with tables, it is more efficient and convenient to have Edge open PDF documents.

the reformatting of documents Acrobat does takes much longer than what Edge does about reformatting, if it does anything and for reading long documents, its faster for me as a blind person to use Edge.

Gene

On 5/19/2022 9:23 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 01:32 AM, Gene wrote:
I really like Edge for straight reading of text but it isn't good for more complex tasks.
-
Precisely.

If you intend to use actual fillable PDF forms, you really should be using Adobe Reader DC, Acrobat, or a dedicated PDF reader or editor that supports fillable PDFs.

Personally, and this is because of just this sort of thing, I refuse to allow browsers to open PDF files internally.  I have Firefox, Edge, Brave, and Vivaldi all set up such that PDF files are handed off to the PDF Viewer of my choosing and opened in it.   For me this is a classic "tool to task" kinda thing.  It's no different than having Word open up MS-Word file types that I might encounter somewhere on the web (and where I trust the source).

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed