Re: for the third time, filling out a PDF

Dave Grossoehme

Is acrobat any better than adobe reader d.c. for this kind of action?

Dave

On 5/19/2022 10:23 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 01:32 AM, Gene wrote:
I really like Edge for straight reading of text but it isn't good for more complex tasks.
-
Precisely.

If you intend to use actual fillable PDF forms, you really should be using Adobe Reader DC, Acrobat, or a dedicated PDF reader or editor that supports fillable PDFs.

Personally, and this is because of just this sort of thing, I refuse to allow browsers to open PDF files internally.  I have Firefox, Edge, Brave, and Vivaldi all set up such that PDF files are handed off to the PDF Viewer of my choosing and opened in it.   For me this is a classic "tool to task" kinda thing.  It's no different than having Word open up MS-Word file types that I might encounter somewhere on the web (and where I trust the source).

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed