how to fix pronouncing abbreviations in NVDA?

Sue J. Ward

Hello. I was wondering whenever NVDA comes across abbreviations it kind of mispronounces them. For example instead of sd, it says South Dakota. I want it to say the letters sd even if sd is in all caps. Another one is instead of HP, it says horse power. It is quite annoying. If I come across these types of things I have to go back and double check as to what I am reading, I would really like to fix this. How would I do this since I did read something about this in the speech dictionaries, how would I access them since I don't have anything with touch jesters, I use the keyboard for everything. Any help you could send my way would be great. Thank you.