Re: NVDA2022.1RC2 Silent Start Button?

Quentin Christensen

Hi Jason,

Have you rebooted the PC since updating to RC2?  We often see "odd" quirks like this just after updating NVDA and before restarting the PC..

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 7:23 AM Jason Bratcher <imcoocoo@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Using Windows 11 21H2 (x64) build 22000.675 Home Edition]

I just installed RC2 of 2022.1.
Upon focusing the Start button, NVDA says nothing and goes silent.
In addition, if I shift+Tab back to the desktop listview of icons, it says nothing, but focus indeed moves between them.
Highlighting an icon and right-clicking it for a menu still has NVDA silent.
RC1 did not do this on my HP DQ1038WM with the Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz, 1201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s).
Strange indeed.
But when I then focus back onto the taskbar/notification area,
NvDA starts talking again, as if nothing was wrong.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager