Re: Windows mail with NVDA usable?

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 06:15 PM, Arlene wrote:
I tried installing thunderbird on my system and I could not put gmail on it.
-
Arlene,

I can't, and won't, argue about your personal experience.  But I will say, from vast personal and professional experience, that Thunderbird and Gmail play perfectly well together in every instance where I've set the two up with each other.

No modern email client which remains in support, of which Thunderbird is but one, can afford to be either completely incompatible with or difficult to configure with Google Mail.

As a general statement, there is no issue between Thunderbird and Gmail.  It handles the whole OAUTH setup process in a manner very similar to the way Outlook does.  And, of course, Thunderbird is probably the most reliably accessible full-featured email client other than Outlook.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed