Re: for the third time, filling out a PDF

Chris Smart

Why was I able to press NVDA+Space and tab through then, hearing various fields and filling in text if I wanted to?

This was on Windows 10 and NVDA 2022.1-RC2.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: May 19, 2022 10:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] for the third time, filling out a PDF

Yes, you can go into forms mode and tab around.  You can't tab in browse mode nor enter text in the correct places.  NVDA doesn't work correctly with Acrobat when filling out this form nor the 1040 form Brian sent.

Gene

On 5/19/2022 8:47 PM, Chris Smart wrote:

With Acrobat Reader DC, I was able to press NVDA+Space on the first edit field to go into Focus Mode, type my first name in the field, then tab through and hear all other fields. I didn't bother filling them out.
I didn't examine the form in detail, but there appear to be ten unlabeled checkboxes at the end. If I had examined those in browse Mode, I may have been able to determine what they were fore, but I did not hear that as I tabbed through them.

But, yes, I was able to hear the names of and fill in edit fields as I tabbed.

I also tried Jaws, and the overall experience was smoother, but I am also more familiar with that screenreader.

So yes, I am quite confident I would be able to fill out that form and email it back.
Chris