Re: NVDA with WhatsApp.

Sarah k Alawami

Ok, my Spanish is not all that good to make out what the text says. Can there be a translated copy on the what's app desktop page?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sim Kah Yong
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2022 5:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA with WhatsApp.

Hi, have you tried the Whatsapp desktop add-on?

You can find it at this site:

https://nvda-addons.org/

Hope this help.

On 20/5/2022 11:05 pm, Ravindran V.S. wrote:
Hello Team,
Greetings!
NVDA accessibility with the What's App desktop application is very poor as at now.
As suggested by the NVDA Team earlier, I contacted the WA Support Team and they are very positive to improve on this area.
However, they requested me to send a video demo of the way it works in the desktop.
But, my several attempts to record the issues in short videos did not work. For some reason even videos of 7 minutes or 5 minutes could not be sent from my phone.
In the initial page, NVDA just says "Button" without the labels."
Also, opening any attachments, video or audio is not simple with a click.
Scrolling through the chat list is also a concern as at now.
There may be more.
Therefore, would someone here with technical expertise be able to do a video recording and send to the WA Support Team as the accessibility issues please?
Thank you, have a pleasant day!
Ravi.