Re: NVDA with WhatsApp.

Sarah k Alawami

Actuallyu sending files is straight forward, I do this all the time. The unlabeled buttons are preview buttons. I just sent my mom a picture last night with the app. It’s fairly easy but a bit cludgy  to work with.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ravindran V.S.
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2022 11:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA with WhatsApp.

Of course it seems to have many useful tips.

Only issue is that, if it has an English version or translation would have been more helpful.

But, here too the buttons are not labeled. And the other process are also not straight forward. Have to get things with a gamble.

That’s why I feel if someone could please record an send it to the WA Support am, they might do better to improve accessibility with this app.

Thanks again for sharing.

Ravi.

Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2022 11:08 AM
To: 'nvda@nvda.groups.io' <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: RE: [nvda] NVDA with WhatsApp.

Thank you for sharing.

Let me go through it to see of the useful tips.

Regards,

Ravi.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2022 9:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA with WhatsApp.

The following 30 minute YouTube tutorial, How to access whatsapp in laptop or desktop using NVDA screen reader by Saagar SK, may prove helpful to you.  It dates from the end of 2021, so isn't very old.

The tutorial narration is not in English.  I am not "good enough" with the languages of India to say which one it actually is.  NVDA itself is announcing in English throughout.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.