Re: for the third time, filling out a PDF

Dave Grossoehme

Sorry I'm late on this information.  However, it would sound like something is hanging up the response of NVDA and Adobe to tell the user that the application is being loaded.  I have questioned this action being a problem when using Windows 11, but is this a UAI Problem, or something with NVDA or Adobe?

Dave

On 5/20/2022 6:59 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Well, when I open the form Bob gave the link for, I eventually end up having it act just like any random web form would in terms of tabbing through the form fields.  There are also a number of checkboxes to indicate a given piece of equipment in the list has been returned and these are on the second page of the form.

But note well, I said "eventually."  I can't make any sense of what's going on, and am not getting any useful status either from Adobe or from NVDA with regard to whether there is background processing going on by the Accessibility Wizard to hand information to NVDA that it would not otherwise have.  But whatever is happening it is NOT fast.  I can play around for at least 1 minute, possibly somewhat longer, whether via point and click or using tab to move among the various fields.  Then, after waiting for a while, suddenly tabbing between the fields gives the field label, including the colon that's a part of each label, when you land in the various fields.

Very strange.  No rational person would expect a lag like this between opening a document and being able to use it with a screen reader sans any sort of warning that they needed to wait for something to finish before they start.

I am using Windows 10, Version 21H2, Build 19044.1076
Adobe Reader DC 2022.001.20117
NVDA 2021.3.5

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed