From: William
Sent: 23 May 2022 04:14
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Whether or not recommending new NVDA user to set Capslock as NVDA key

Hi all,

I would like to ask for your opinion.

Some new NVDA users, including desktop and laptop owners, will ask for

my opinion on whether they should set the Capslock as the NVDA key.

With regard to desktop and laptop environment, the logic that I have

provided them are as follows:

1. setting Capslock key as NVDA key, you have to press the key two times

in order to input capital letters. But if you have to frequently press

the Capslock key to type capital letters, then setting Capslock key as

NVDA key will not be a good option.

2. setting Capslock key as NVDA key, you have one more option of NVDA

key, which you can choose from using the Capslock key or Insert key as

the NVDA key. But if you do not set Capslock as NVDA key, you will most

probably have to limit to pressing Insert key (laptop) or Insert key or

Numpad 0 (desktop).

How would you advice new NVDA users if they own a desktop or laptop

regarding this issue? thanks.