Re: Whether or not recommending new NVDA user to set Capslock as NVDA key

Bob Cavanaugh

Does JAWS have this option? The only reason I ask is because JAWS was
the first screen reader I used, and this was not the modifier.
Therefore, I've found it quite strange to use that key, even though
NVDA has had it as an option ever since I've been using it. It's also
why I wasn't a fan of the revamped Narrator when it came out, because
that was its only modifier. That being said, it's really user
preference as has been stated before.

On 5/23/22, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi

I always set Caps Lock as an NVDA modifier Because as a touch typist, it is
more convenient to have a modifier key on each side of the keyboard to
facilitate command entry.   For the same reason, I always get an external
keyboard with 2 Windows keys.

I rarely type in all capitals so the double press of the Caps Lock to engage
capital input is not an issue as using the shift key is not difficult.

Cheers

                Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows