Re: Whether or not recommending new NVDA user to set Capslock as NVDA key

Sarah k Alawami

Yes, jfw has this option, has since 3.1 which was about 20 years ago if I recall, hence nvda has this option as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2022 10:39 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Whether or not recommending new NVDA user to set Capslock as NVDA key

Does JAWS have this option? The only reason I ask is because JAWS was the first screen reader I used, and this was not the modifier.
Therefore, I've found it quite strange to use that key, even though NVDA has had it as an option ever since I've been using it. It's also why I wasn't a fan of the revamped Narrator when it came out, because that was its only modifier. That being said, it's really user preference as has been stated before.

On 5/23/22, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi

I always set Caps Lock as an NVDA modifier Because as a touch typist,
it is more convenient to have a modifier key on each side of the
keyboard to facilitate command entry. For the same reason, I always
get an external keyboard with 2 Windows keys.

I rarely type in all capitals so the double press of the Caps Lock to
engage capital input is not an issue as using the shift key is not difficult.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows