Re: Whether or not recommending new NVDA user to set Capslock as NVDA key

Carlos Medrano

I thought it was the opposite; most laptops are getting rid of the number pad these days? I don't think I've ran into a 15" laptop that does not have a full sized keyboard in a while. Not sure about the 17" laptops though.

On 5/23/2022 12:56 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 01:39 PM, Bob Cavanaugh wrote:
Does JAWS have this option?
-
I don't know whether JAWS allows the simultaneous use of either Insert (default JAWS key for desktop keyboard layout) and CAPS LOCK (laptop layout) at the same time, but it definitely uses CAPS LOCK as the modifier key for laptop keyboard layout.

I know of very few users, whether of JAWS or NVDA, that use laptop keyboard layout since most laptops that are 15" or larger have had full keyboards with number pads for quite a while now.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed