Re: Whether or not recommending new NVDA user to set Capslock as NVDA key

Sarah k Alawami

I’m going to see my bf  in September, he has a 15 inch laptop. I cant’ remember if it has a numpad or not, Mine does but I don’t like using it and wish it were just gone. Now I’m curious as I don’t recall his laptop having a number pad. But it’s been 3 years since I last saw him so I too could be wrong.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2022 11:47 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Whether or not recommending new NVDA user to set Capslock as NVDA key

I have never seen a 15 inch laptop that did not have a number pad.

Hey, I’ve been wrong before!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: May 23, 2022 12:12 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Whether or not recommending new NVDA user to set Capslock as NVDA key

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 02:07 PM, Carlos Medrano wrote:

I thought it was the opposite; most laptops are getting rid of the number pad these days?

-
I haven't seen them disappearing except in the netbook space, which is not really a laptop, but an emailing and web browsing machine.  Once you get below 15-inch screens, though, many don't have number pads because there's just no way to fit them in the space available without making the main keyboard "too small for average human hands."

Whether a screen reader is involved or not, any business related use of a laptop is going to rely heavily on having a full-sized keyboard with a number pad included.

I've never encountered a 17-inch machine that doesn't have a number pad.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.