Re: NVDA 2022.1 and add-ons: compatibility updates

Hi,

Update as of May 23, 2022 (the day NVDA 2022.1 stable version was released): over 60 percent of add-ons registered on community add-ons website are showing as compatible with more updates on the way (at least four add-on updates were queued for distribution on community add-ons website as of this moment, and if things go well, Add-on Updater will offer them to you around this time tomorrow). My task for the next few days before I officially go offline in June: asking Add-on Updater to offer add-on updates to users. There may or may not be such a task in June (highly unlikely for my own physical and mental well-being, so if you are an add-on author and reading this message, consider May 27, 2022 as the last day to queue add-on updates for broad distribution for this round).

I will address the question of manifests in a separate post - I'm sort of on a writing spree before I crash again, and I will show you why editing manifests is not a long-term solution (hint: Python advances).

Cheers,

Joseph