From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Penny Golden
Sent: 14 May 2022 11:43
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Forgive this q. about end-block-quote and paragraph Editable

Thanks so much.  I don't care what default is, if only I can change it.

Thanks so much for the info.

Pen

On 5/14/2022 5:36 AM, Gene wrote:

NVDA announces block quotes by default, a setting I have objected to in the past.

You can eliminate this announcement in the following way:
Open the document formatting dialog using the command control NVDA d.  That is, hold control and the NVDA key and type d while doing so.
Tab through the items and you will eventually get to block quotes.  It is a check box.  Uncheck it with the space bar, then press enter.

You won't hear block quotes identified in places like e-mails or web pages.

Gene

On 5/14/2022 5:29 AM, Penny Golden wrote:

Can I write emails without having these words come up?  I know it must be possible; and I know that I should be able to figure out what it is that I need to turn off.

Is there a way to get this extraneous wording out of the reading and writing process?

Sorry if this should be obvious.

Thanks.