Re: CodeFactory updated their download of the Eloquence/Vocalizer driver

Joseph Norton

Hi:

I did some testing and here is what I found out.

If you update NVDA, it will disable the add-on, which you are warned about.

When you install the new update to the add-on, it also removes any Vocalizer voices installed.  It also deletes the activation from the computer, so you will need to enter your activation code again.

If you have not updated yet, but, aren’t sure where your code is, you may be able to retrieve it from the About tab in the settings.

Press NVDA+N and go down to Code Factory, Press Enter twice to open up the settings dialog.  Go into the about tab and press tab until you hear “Enter activation key”.  Your key should be displayed and selected.  If you press CTRL+C on it, it will copy the key to the clipboard.  You can then save it to a text file or just keep it there.  If you keep it on the clipboard, you can then update both NVDA and the add-on.  Once you have restarted NVDA with the new version of the add-on installed, you can go into the Code Factory menu selection, and re-activate with the key you previously copied to the clipboard.

You will need to re-download any Vocalizer voices after the activation.

You should not loose any of your activations, since your computer ID string will not change.

Hope this helps.

Sent from Mail for Windows