Re: your help

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 11:18 AM, Marisane Moruthanyana wrote:
I do not find English
United Kingdom even after typing in the edit box.
-
Two things:

1.  Regional variants of a given language are enclosed in parentheses for search purposes, e.g., English (United Kingdom)
2.  If you already have the language pack for a given region installed, that option will be stippled out and inaccessible in the list even if it exists, as you can't install what's already installed.

George has been a part of the English (United Kingdom) language pack for quite a while.  I can find him if I go to the NVDA Settings, Voices, as I use OneCore as my synth of choice, but with Microsoft David.

My only suggestion would be that if you already have the UK English voices installed, and are not finding George, is to uninstall (remove, in the terminology used in the Windows Settings dialog) the existing UK language pack and then add it back again.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed