dynamic content in the windows sound mixer.

Shaun Oliver

Hi all,

Here's the scenario. I want to change the playback device for certain apps. I can accomplish this with the windows sound mixer, but, the problem I have is the list keeps updating as it is a dynamic list based on loudest to softest in terms of which app is putting out how much sound etc.

How can I prevent this long enough to be able to change the output of certain apps to go to the devices I'd like them to? for instance, iTunes and Spotify, neither of which have that functionality in their own application, hense the need to utilise the windows sound mixer.

winamp and various others do not have this restriction.