Re: holding off on 2022.1 due to Code Factory dragging their feet

Juan Hernandez

Which code factory is this the eloquence addon? Or the sapi5 eloquence?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2022 9:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] holding off on 2022.1 due to Code Factory dragging their feet

I just heard on my twitter feed that CF have the new update ready and it will be out soon. When soon is I have no idea but ther you go.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2022 9:21 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] holding off on 2022.1 due to Code Factory dragging their feet

For Windows 11 specifically, you can find the full what's new here:

But just from the blurb, there are a few things for Windows 11.  Firstly using UIA in newer versions Word by default, which should make it much more responsive.  There are also various Windows 11 bug fixes, for apps such as Calculator, Console, Terminal, Mail and Emoji Panel.

I believe the Code Factory update should be out soon, and hopefully the other add-ons which haven't yet been updated will be out soon too!

Quentin.

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 12:38 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

I’ve heard the clat voices and the guy sounds like he got his teeth knocked out. Not my type of voice IMHO, actually it sounds like Espeak with that variation, of the teeth, at least to my ear.  Lol!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bobby Vinton
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2022 7:24 PM

Well Just to let you all know I am using klat 6 and I love that voice.  I gave up on code factory because my trile would expire every the server went down and the voices would sound very crackly.  If you are looking for a good voice I would go with klatt 6.

On 5/22/2022 10:15 PM, Joseph Norton wrote:

Hi listers:

Well, I’ve seen the update to NVDA 2022.1, but, I’m going to hold off on updating for what I hope are just a few days while I wait for an updated add-in for the Vocalizer and Eloquence voice package from CodeFactory.

I haven’t seen anything that I’d call earth-shattering about this 2022.1 update, but, I am on Windows 11, so maybe there are good things under the hood.

Any thoughts?

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.