Re: windows 10 app esentials add-on

Gene

Its good that you did those things yourself. 

I don't know what you downloaded and and what problems it solved, but if you download the NVDA Windows Essentials add-on from the NVDA downloads page, that is nothing but an NVDA add-on and requires no permissions, you just install it.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene

Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 5:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

Hi list! I got my windows ten app to finally work!  I had to get the windows app from the Microsoft store.  I had to read the account. I had to allow it since I’m using gmail.  Usually I get a friend to fix these things for me. But I did it myself! Woo hoo.  I went on google / start page to read how to fix the windows ten app. And I did it! I followed the instructions to the t!

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: May 25, 2022 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.