Re: windows 10 app esentials add-on

Arlene

, for some strange reason the mail app became badly corrupt.  If this happens to anybody. You go to the start menue, find your mail app. Do not open it. Hold down the shift key and hit f ten.  Arrow to where you will hear any screen reader say more. You’ll see things like uninstall and other things I can’t remember. But hit enter where you hear more. After that. You’ll hear something like unpin from start menue. Move to settings.  You’ll see something like mail on calendar onn etc.  Tab until you see reset.  After that. Go back to settings witch you’d do this by  holding down the windows key. Hit I. Then go to apps and features. If you don’t see the mail app. In that place go to Microsoft store.  In there, type in the search field “mail calendar” Once you see that. Get it. Once that’s done. Go to mail and add your account.  If you use gmail witch I do.  You will be warned that you are allowing windows to get your messages from gmail site you can delete them in the mail app and other stuff.  You have to allow it.  You type in your gmail address and password  and your name. Then once that’s done you’re good to go. 

I hope this info is clear.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: May 25, 2022 8:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

So you are talking about the Windows Mail app itself.  I couldn't tell what you had done.

It doesn't sound to me as though Rosemary is having the same problem.  Rosemary only said her mail isn't automatically being read aloud in all cases, indicating that it is being downloaded but that some messages need to be manually read.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 10:21 PM, Arlene wrote:

Thanks. I even went to the addons page and got the addon for windows ten mail.  For some strange reason the windows ten app became corrupt I could not open it. I had to go to the google site to read my mail. I went to the start menue, I did the applications key to move the app to settings. Then I reset the app and I had to redownload it from the Microsoft store. Then I signed up and put gmail on it. When I had Microsoft word ten witch used outlook it doesn’t work for windows ten. Before I quit using outlook. For some strange reason I had to go to google to allow outlook to use gmail.  Just like rosemary she’s having that same problem. You have to keep allowing it just to do gmail. That’s the same with this windows ten ap. I had to allow it. When I did all this. I used Jaws.  But with getting the addon I used NVDA. This took from Sunday to today. I did lots of reading and I did it slowly so I won’t mess anything up.   

Sent: May 25, 2022 4:42 PM

Great Job, Arleen.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 5:37 PM

Hi list! I got my windows ten app to finally work!  I had to get the windows app from the Microsoft store.  I had to read the account. I had to allow it since I’m using gmail.  Usually I get a friend to fix these things for me. But I did it myself! Woo hoo.  I went on google / start page to read how to fix the windows ten app. And I did it! I followed the instructions to the t!

Sent: May 25, 2022 9:33 AM

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.