Re: holding off on 2022.1 due to Code Factory dragging their feet

Joseph Norton

Hi Juan:

CodeFactory sells versions of the Eloquence and Vocalizer speech which can be used with any screen reader.  These are the SAPI versions.  The SAPI versions of these synthesizers can be used with NVDA, JAWS, and I think Narrator may even be able to use them.

CodeFactory also makes a combined product that includes Eloquence and Vocalizer as an NVDA add-on, and this is the package that we have been discussing.

The SAPI synthesizer is fairly independent of any screen reader.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 12:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] holding off on 2022.1 due to Code Factory dragging their feet

What is the difference between code factory eloquence addon and sapi5?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Norton
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2022 5:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] holding off on 2022.1 due to Code Factory dragging their feet

Hi:

I figure they were working on it.

I have to admit I have not been reading everything that came across the list, so there may have been posted some kind of warning about this issue.

Regardless, this is not a showstopper for me.

I am sure NVDA developers had a good reason for the changes that were made, and NVDA’s advantages outweigh any temporary loss of convenience.  Choice is a good thing, and NVDA gives us one more choice.

Actually, the thing I like the best about NVDA is that the screen review method is a little similar to the old DOS screen reader ASAP, and that was my number one go-to in my DOS days.  I still have my copy of ASAP and pull it out whenever I access a DOS program.

I’ll keep checking CodeFactory’s Web site.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.