Re: NVDA reporting blank

Gene

It sounds to me as though you aren't reporting when it says space and blank with enough detail.  If I have a blank line in Notepad, I hear blank.  When I put spaces on the line and nothing else, it still says blank.  But if I want to check to see if there are any spaces on the line and I issue the say current line command twice quickly, the number of spaces are spoken on the line and blank isn't.

That makes sense since if it announced space when it saw spaces in a line when not spelling the line, you would hear space announced during ordinary reading between every word.

Gene

On 5/26/2022 9:43 PM, William wrote:

Hi Quentin

Hmm, I am just wondering to my understand, blank is nothing, but if there is spaces, and it says blank, I may be confused.

Quentin Christensen 於 27/5/2022 10:13 寫道:

What is the context and would you rather it read?

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 11:20 AM William <xsuper.sillyx@...> wrote:
Hello all,

When there is a empty line, nvda will report "blank."

But, if the line contain only spaces, say " " nvda will say "space blank."

I wanna understand why nvda still regard it as blank when there are spaces?

Thanks,

William.

--
Quentin Christensen