Re: Inconsistency of reporting of heading information

Gene

If you move in different ways, the order in which information is presented will differ.  If you move to a visited link in one way, you will hear visited link announced before the link is read.  If you move another way, you will hear the link read first.

I don't know the technical reason, but that is expected behavior.

Gene

On 5/28/2022 6:53 AM, William wrote:
Hello all,

I wanna know if this is a bug or normal behavior.

I am using nvda portable 2022.1 without any addon, default configuration

1. visit file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/NVDA/documentation/en/userGuide.html using your web broswer

2. press t to jump to the first table

3. press , to by pass the table, this time, nvda says '4.7. Reporting System Information heading level 3'

4. press down arrow and up arrow

5. nvda this time says 'heading level 3 4.7. Reporting System Information'

In the first situation, the heading level 3 is reported at the end, whereas the second situation the heading information is reported at the beginning.