Re: a particular app

Quentin Christensen

For those using NVDA in laptop keyboard layout, the equivalent keyboard shortcut is NVDA+. (NVDA+full stop).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 3:17 AM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
If you aren't using the add-on, move to the letter you want announced using the usual arrow keys.  Move the same way you move through a document at any time.  Then, when you are on the letter, press numpad 2 twice quickly.  The second time, you will hear the phonetic announcement of a letter, such as Charlie for c.

Gene

On 5/27/2022 11:58 AM, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:
I am missing some information here. Do you have to push the NVDA key to get this to work or does it not work in email? I have tried it a couple of times and have not been able to succeed. Thanks.

On 5/26/2022 4:18 PM, Monte Single rote:
Hi Bryce,

It is not an app;  it is a feature of nvda itself.
I use it often as my hearing  is not the best and I want  to know the exact spelling of a name or word.

So, say   I come across the word Banff, as in Banff national park in alberta.
And I think was that an "f" or an :s:?
I use the right arrow to land on the letter I am not sure of, and press the down arrow twice quickly.  That it,  you will hear  the alpha bravo equivalent.