Re: Question about best configuration of windows 10/11 for nvda.

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 11:28 AM, Gene wrote:
If you are asking about configuring Windows itself, aside from setting Windows to show known file types, I am unaware of other changes that might make a difference.
-
I'm of the same mind.  I've never done anything much to Windows 10 or 11 that I didn't do with earlier versions of Windows.  One of those things was going into Control Panel, File Explorer Options,  View Tab and unchecking the checkbox for Hide extensions for known file types.  I also choose to activate the radio button for Show hidden files, folders, and drives because in my line of work I often need to reference things that are generally "under the hood."

NVDA does not seem to have the slightest issue with either Windows 10 or 11 in the "straight out of the box" state for either one.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed