Re: scheduling a recurring Zoom meeting with NVDA

Sarah k Alawami

Yep they are sure there. I had a calendar invite when I had the free account option a while ago, maybe that has changed now?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2022 10:34 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] scheduling a recurring Zoom meeting with NVDA

I should say, never seen in my own meetings before.

On 5/30/22, Bob Cavanaugh via groups.io <cavbob1993@...> wrote:
So, there's no way to do it within Zoom itself, the scheduling has to
be done with your calendar of choice? I'll try the web interface, as
in the invite that my friend sends, there is usually a link to a
calendar invite, which I've never seen before.

On 5/30/22, Sylvie Duchateau <sduchateau@...> wrote:
Hello Bob and all,
You have two ways of scheduling a zoom meeting.
Either you use the zoom desktop application or you use the web interface.
1. With the zoom app
You will be able to scheduling a recurring meeting but not how often
it will happen.
1. In the first tab of zoom, tab until you hear something like
schedule a new meeting.
2. Hit enter.
3. You will have to type the meeting subject. NVDA does not always
speak what you type. So you should use tab and shift+tab to update
what NVDA pronounces. May be you should select what is proposed by
default, by typing
ctrl+a, and write your own subject.
4. When you tab, you can choose the meeting date. By default, Zoom
displays today's date and time. Tab to reach the month. NVDA
announces, "month and something like rotating button". Use up and
down arrows in order to be sure that the month you want is selected.
5. Use tab again and choose the day you want with up and down arrows.
6. When you tab again, you can select the year.
7. When tabbing again you can reach the time you wish. Note that the
first zone is the actual time, you cannot modify it. Tab again and
you will hear the hours and with another tab, the minutes. You still
can use up and down arrows to select hours and minutes. NVDA should
speak what you are modifying with up and down arrows.
8. When tabbing again, you can select how long the meeting should last.
One
hour, for example. You still can modify this with up and down arrows.
NVDA
does not always update what is changing so that you should use tab
and
shift+tab to be sure you have selected the right length.
9. Tab again until you hear recurring meeting, checkbox unchecked.
Check it with the space bar.
You will hear an alert that you should ensure that your calendar can
schedule such a meeting. Mine is linked to Outlook but you can also
link to google or any other calendar.
In my case, Outlook asked me to confirm the meeting and I can choose
if the meeting should occur every week, or month.
2. When using zoom in a browser
When you connect to Zoom, you can look for the meetings' tab and look
for your next meeting.
You also have a link to schedule a new meeting.
If you have saved it in the zoom app, you will find this meeting on
the zoom page.
You will have a heading 3 with a link to start the meeting.
You can then read the subject of the meeting then the time.
Under this you can read something like recurring.
After that you have "add to" and links to Google agenda, Outlook
calendar .ics, or yahoo calendar.
When you click on google, for example, a new window will open asking
you to connect to your Google account.
Google asks to confirm that you accept that zoom shares this
information with google.
Select "continue".
You will then find a form with your meeting, you can select the time,
the length and then you have a drop down list where you can choose if
the meeting should occur once, every day, every week, every month,
every year....
Then you can select who you want to invite to this meeting. What the
invited people may do (modify meeting, invite others ....) You can
choose when sending the notification and how (by e-mail for
example)

Then you have to go back to find the button save and you have your
meeting.
I hope this can help.
Otherwise do not hesitate to ask.
Best