Re: TesseractOCR add-on

Rui Fontes

For images in mails or in other type of windows you must use the NVDA OCR feature or NAO...

TesseractOCR only do OCR to image files, PDF, JPG, TIFF and so on, or to a paper document through a scanner...

Rui Fontes

Às 01:04 de 31/05/2022, Dan Beaver escreveu:

I tried it and couldn't get it to work for my needs.  I receive an email whenever I have class one mail coming.  If there is class one mail coming to my mailbox then the email includes images of scans of those mail items.  They are included in the email and not attached.

Using the Windows OCR mechanism it reads what it can from those images.  Using this mechanism it says it is an unsupported format or something to that effect.

Any idea why it won't read these images?

Dan Beaver

Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)
On 5/30/2022 7:57 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

Comparing with NAO, it have the following differences:

1 - Use of Tesseract OCR instead of Windows OCR, and for me it is better...;
2 - Different exibition of results, TXT instead of a specific interface;
3 - TesseractOCR do not make OCR to the screen;
4 - TesseractOCR can make OCR from a paper document through a WIA compatible scanner.

It is a large add-on due to the need of the files needed to recognize all the languages supported...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Às 00:50 de 31/05/2022, Pranav Lal escreveu:
Hi Rui,

1. Does tesseract have any advantages over the windows built-in OCR?
2. How is this add-on different from the now add-on?

Pranav