From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: May 31, 2022 2:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] do same as routing curser

Hi,
I have a radio programming program that I have to select the com port that
the radio is able to be accessed to.
With Jaws and NVDA, when I tab in the window, it only goes to enter and
cancel, but insert B reads com ports of which I can check, one of available
ports.
With Jaws, I can route Jaws to PC and find the port I want, and either do a
left mouse click with the number pad or I can at the point I'm on the port I
want, route PC to Jaws, either way will select the port with a check.
I cannot figure out how to do this with NVDA.
I do insert num 7 and it says review mode, and using insert minus or insert
5 I can move around to different windows, but the closest I get is where it
says com select window, but the reading and arrow keys and tab only go to
enter and cancel.
If NVDA is able to do stuff like this, it isn't intuitive, or there needs to
better information on this.
I know lots of people for whom this is exactly why they don't use NVDA.
Thanks for any assistance with this.

Glenn