Re: NVDA failed to install

Howard Traxler

Thank you, yes.  This was a computer in my wife's play room which she seldom used; not for two or three years.  I will look at your instructions and see which way is easiest.  And hopefully I can get it done.

Howard

On 6/1/2022 3:11 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
If you are still all the way back on Windows 10 Version 1803 then Windows Update has been broken on your machine for a very, very long time indeed.

I suggest you immediately follow these instructions, which based on what downloads now will get you to Windows 10 Version 21H2, which is the latest:
*/Performing a Windows 10 or 11 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows ISO file/* <https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1RZiHlLVtXewYBgoSvJNm9_08hj1tALPK>
or, if you prefer, go to the Windows 10 Download Page <https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=True>, and trigger the Update Assistant using the Update Now button.

Something needs to be done, pronto, to fix your instance of Windows 10 and get it back on track as far as feature updates go. Version 1803 has been out of support for quite a while now.

*/Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them./*

        ~ Joshua Liebman

Join {nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.