Re: NVDA failed to install

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

If you do not want the UAC screen to come up when installing nvda and some other programs he will need to do the following.

Press the windows key and in the search box type uac it should come up with a suggestion press the enter key on it.

The next screen that comes up you will need to Tab until you hear the slider it is set to 65 percent or around there change it to zero with the arrow keys left or right then tab down to ok then press the enter key.

It will reboot the pc if I remember right and the uac screen will not come up again. It can be turned back on by doing the same process except in the slider change from zero back to 65 percent or what ever it is.

hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 2/06/2022 9:04 am, Gene wrote:
But if it hasn't been used for years, maybe there is something wrong. Have you checked updates to see if any are shown to be installed?

Open the start menu, type update and press enter.  Let the information read.  If you don't hear anything about updates, let us know.

Gene

On 6/1/2022 3:51 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Thank you, yes.  This was a computer in my wife's play room which she seldom used; not for two or three years.  I will look at your instructions and see which way is easiest.  And hopefully I can get it done.

Howard

On 6/1/2022 3:11 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
If you are still all the way back on Windows 10 Version 1803 then Windows Update has been broken on your machine for a very, very long time indeed.

I suggest you immediately follow these instructions, which based on what downloads now will get you to Windows 10 Version 21H2, which is the latest:
*/Performing a Windows 10 or 11 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows ISO file/* <https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1RZiHlLVtXewYBgoSvJNm9_08hj1tALPK>
or, if you prefer, go to the Windows 10 Download Page <https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=True>, and trigger the Update Assistant using the Update Now button.

Something needs to be done, pronto, to fix your instance of Windows 10 and get it back on track as far as feature updates go. Version 1803 has been out of support for quite a while now.

*/Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them./*

        ~ Joshua Liebman