Re: Question regarding a command prompt for the restarting of a computer:

Quentin Christensen

I wasn't paying attention a few weeks ago, but I just looked it up and found:

From an open command prompt window:
type shutdown, followed by the option you wish to execute.
To shut down your computer, type shutdown /s.
To restart your computer, type shutdown /r.
To log off your computer type shutdown /l.
For a complete list of options type shutdown /?
After typing your chosen option, press Enter.

So you could copy your existing shortcut, and just change the /s for shutdown to /r for restart.

On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 3:53 PM Angel <angel238@...> wrote:

I should like to say:  Those on the list, are so helpful, and so kind, You each are much appreciated.  A few weeks ago:  I read and used the marvelous advice given by a list member, regarding the procedure for putting a command prompt for the immediate shutdown of my computer.  Which I put on my desk top.  I liked it so well”  Now, I should like to put a prompt command for the restarting of my computer on my desk top as well.  I? should appreciate it if the instructions for doing this would be detailed, as I am not very computer literate.

Avast logo

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager