Re: The Gmail website with NVDA

Bob Cavanaugh

Brian,
I actually meant to post this a couple weeks ago when you last posted
this message but was looking at the list on my phone and then forgot
when I got back to my computer. Do I need to resume mail before
posting a topic to ensure I get all messages about that topic, or is
it like some discussion boards where you can subscribe to individual
topics?

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 04:51 PM, Gene wrote:

You shouldn't get off the list.  You should go no mail.
-
Absolutely, regardless of whether it's a short or longer term break from
receiving individual messages.  You also have the option to get a daily
digest or a summary instead of individual messages.

Unless you are looking to permanently leave any Groups.io group, it makes a
lot more sense to "hit the pause" button by going no mail than to
unsubscribe.

I've posted these many times before, but, they're pertinent here:

NVDA Main Group Archive: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topics (
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topics )

The email addresses used to interact with the NVDA Main Group:

To join: nvda+subscribe@nvda.groups.io ( nvda+subscribe@nvda.groups.io )

To post: nvda@nvda.groups.io ( nvda@nvda.groups.io )

To receive a message containing the group description, and a list of these
commands: nvda+help@nvda.groups.io ( nvda+help@nvda.groups.io )

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages and post
on the group topics page): nvda+nomail@nvda.groups.io (
nvda+nomail@nvda.groups.io )

This can also be used to put a vacation stop on group messages, then use one
of the following addresses to resume delivery in the format of your choice.

To receive each group message individually: nvda+single@nvda.groups.io (
nvda+single@nvda.groups.io )

Single the default delivery format when you first subscribe.  To choose
another, send a message to one of the addresses that follows.  When turning
email back on you can use single or any of the following:

To receive group messages in an HTML formatted digests:
nvda+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io ( nvda+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io )

To receive group messages in a plain text digest: nvda+digest@nvda.groups.io
( nvda+digest@nvda.groups.io )

To receive a daily summary instead of individual messages:
nvda+summary@nvda.groups.io ( nvda+summary@nvda.groups.io )

To receive only special messages: nvda+special@nvda.groups.io (
nvda+special@nvda.groups.io )

To contact the group owner(s): nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io (
nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io )

Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing
exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the
well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.

~ Herman Melville (1819 - 1891), US novelist & sailor