Re: Downloading NVDA Add-Ons from GitHub.

Luke Davis

Ravindran V.S. wrote:

I am clueless of downloading the NVDA Add-Ons from the GitHub site.
Then why are you trying to do so? I mean no offense, but what makes you think that is what you are supposed to be doing? Is there some particular documentation that told you to do that?

Could someone guide me how please?
Generally, that isn't the best place to get them, you should do as David suggested, or get them via the Add-ons Manager in the NVDA Tools menu, which takes you to the same place.

But if you really must get an add-on from GitHub, go to the add-on's repository. The URL will look something like this:

https://github.com/author/add-on-name

To download a packaged add-on, select "releases", and look for the release with the highest version number (usually).

You can also go directly to https://github.com/author/add-on-name/releases

For example, if you wanted my Numpad Nav Mode add-on, you could go to:

https://github.com/opensourcesys/numpadNavMode/releases

But it's much easier to get it from the official add-ons site as described above.

Luke