Re: The Gmail website with NVDA

Gene

There are a lot of capabilities that the standard view offers and is capable of that are not available in the Simple HTML view.  I would imagine the simple view isn't capable of doing some or perhaps all of them.

As far as your white list comment, I haven't created one and I don't know if it is done in the simple view, the standard view, or both.  I won't comment further because I haven't done this except to say that that question should be on the chat list.

Gene

On 6/5/2022 3:10 AM, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
What is lost using simple html? I guess what I'm asking here, is why did they change it if the two do the same jobs and the only difference is one is more accessible than the other. I'm all for simplicity, and the whole Google experience seems a bit peculiar to me. I have now got it back working in Imap and pop3, which at least means I can see the spam folder, but I guess I'll never be able to create a white list of people any more.