Re: for the third time, filling out a PDF

Bob Cavanaugh

I'm really not sure. Whether in Adobe or the recent issue I had with
GMail, I find it a little odd/annoying that there are situations where
focus mode must be forced in order to interact with an element. In my
view, I should be able to interact with elements in either mode. That
means on the GMail website, I shouldn't have to force focus mode in
order to interact with the button that switches to basic HTML, and in
Adobe, I should be able to tab through a form starting in browse mode
and expect it to automatically switch to focus mode where needed. I
have no idea how much that has to do with the way NVDA and Adobe
interact or the way the file was created, but I'd assume the former as
that trick has worked in all files I've tried. I definitely think
people should be more educated on how to make their PDF files fillable
so that I don't have to print them just to fill them out, but that's a
different issue outside the scope of this discussion.

On 6/5/22, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io
<bglists@...> wrote:
I think its that people tend not to use the pro version of Adobe to create
their PDFs, so many are made using third party tools or simply something
that creates pdfs from a printer stream that 'looks' right, but usually
falls apart as the reading order changes and the tagging does not.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'