From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: June 6, 2022 11:02 PM
To: NVDA Official Group <nvda@groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] NVDA may Crash with inactivity on older Windows 10 computer

Hi Group,

Has anyone seen something like the following. I use an older Windows 10 computer for storage and back up. After not touching it for several hours, NVDA does not work. That is to say, there is no sound output. I know the main sound card through which NVDA voices is working because other sounds I can play with hotkeys do indeed work. I can't really say if it crashes, but if I press the hotkey used to launch it, it seems to reload as if it had crashed and needed to be restarted.

What could cause this and is there a remedy?

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice; For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!