screen curtain and saving battery

Kareen

Hi all. In my previous laptops there was the option to turn off the display by pressing a key combination. But, with my new laptop which is from the Dell brand this option is not available unfortunately. I want to know about the screen curtain feature in NVDA does enabling it saves battery or it is only meant  for privacy purposes? also, does anyone knows of a way to have the screen really turned off, i mean to have an option similar to what is present in many laptops
I am interested in turning off the display to make the battery last longer.
Thank you