Re: NVDA may Crash with inactivity on older Windows 10 computer

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

OK, I should have mentioned this in my original post. The computer is an 8 year old AMD clone with 16 GB RAM and a 6 core processor.

On 6/7/2022 2:59 AM, Luke Davis wrote:
Ron Canazzi wrote:

I use an older Windows 10 computer for storage and back up.
What's older?  What does winver say when you run it?

What kind of sound device?
What version of NVDA?
What add-ons are you running?

After not touching it for several hours, NVDA does not work.
Does the same happen with Narrator, if you leave that running for several hours instead?

I know the main sound card through which NVDA voices is working because other sounds I can play with hotkeys do indeed work.
Can you give an example of that?

if I press the hotkey used to launch it, it seems to reload as if it had crashed and needed to be restarted.
Please explain that.
NVDA will always restart when you press its shortcut key, regardless of whether it had been running, crashed, or stopped before.
What, in the way it acts when you press the shortcut key, makes you think it is recovering from a crash? How is it different than pressing the shortcut key while NVDA is working normally?

Luke

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;