Re: screen curtain and saving battery

hi. what is your previous laptop cpu generation?
if i am correct, the laptops which support vga displays, we can turn
off the screen.

On 6/7/22, Kareen <kareen.kiwan@...> wrote:
Hi all. In my previous laptops there was the option to turn off the display
by pressing a key combination. But, with my new laptop which is from the
Dell brand this option is not available unfortunately. I want to know about
the screen curtain feature in NVDA does enabling it saves battery or it is
only meant  for privacy purposes? also, does anyone knows of a way to have
the screen really turned off, i mean to have an option similar to what is
present in many laptops
I am interested in turning off the display to make the battery last longer.
Thank you

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens