Re: screen curtain and saving battery

Kareen

Zahra my old laptop was with a 4th generation CPU but i think until
now many laptop brands still include a keyboard shortcut to turn off
the screen but unfortunately my Dell is not having this keyboard
shortcut.
Gene i think that depends on the brightness level you are allowed to
reach on the laptop. I set the brightness to 0% but according to
sighted help the screen is still viewable. I don't have any experience
about this but i remember someone had posted a way to add a keyboard
shortcut to NVDA to turn off the touch pad and it is working perfectly
well on my device that is also lacking a shortcut to enable this
option I hope that there is a possibility to do that to the display as
well.
and back to my original question: how does screen curtain in NVDA work?
thank you

On 6/7/22, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Whether you can turn off the screen or not, you can dim the screen to a
point where, I would think, little power would be used and the screen
being on would have a negligible effect on running time per charge.

Gene
On 6/7/22, Kareen <kareen.kiwan@...> wrote:
Hi all. In my previous laptops there was the option to turn off the
display
by pressing a key combination. But, with my new laptop which is from the
Dell brand this option is not available unfortunately. I want to know
about
the screen curtain feature in NVDA does enabling it saves battery or it
is
only meant  for privacy purposes? also, does anyone knows of a way to
have
the screen really turned off, i mean to have an option similar to what
is
present in many laptops
I am interested in turning off the display to make the battery last
longer.
Thank you