From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Deenadayalan Moodley via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, 07 June 2022 13:58
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Crashing when using VLC Media Player

Hi all,

As the subject indicates, NVDA crashes when opening a media file in VLC portable.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Launch VLC;
  2. Press <ctrl+o> to bring up the open files dialog;
  3. NVDA crashes;
  4. Bringing up narrator works without any issue.
  5. Press <ctrl+alt+n> launches NVDA once more.
  6. If you place focus back into the open dialog, NVDA crashes once more.

I have run Narrator and it has no problems.

Expected results:

  1. NVDA should read the open dialog without any crashing.

Versions:

VLC Portable  3.0.17.4 Vetinari

NVDA 2022.1

Windows Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1706)

Thanks.

Mr. Deenadayalan Moodley