Re: NVDA Crashing when using VLC Media Player

Quentin Christensen

Good morning,

I just had a look at our issues, and can't see anything like you are describing: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues?q=is%3Aissue+vlc+is%3Aopen

If you have just updated or installed NVDA, have you restarted the PC since?  If not, try that first.

Are you using any add-ons for NVDA?  If so, if you restart NVDA with them disabled, does it make a difference?  Press NVDA+Q, then down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled" and press enter.

If you can set NVDA's log level to debug (in general settings) and then restart with add-ons disabled, could you please recreate the issue and then send me a copy of your log offlist please?

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 9:58 PM Deenadayalan Moodley <deenadayalan.moodley@...> wrote:

Hi all,

As the subject indicates, NVDA crashes when opening a media file in VLC portable.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Launch VLC;
  2. Press <ctrl+o> to bring up the open files dialog;
  3. NVDA crashes;
  4. Bringing up narrator works without any issue.
  5. Press <ctrl+alt+n> launches NVDA once more.
  6. If you place focus back into the open dialog, NVDA crashes once more.

I have run Narrator and it has no problems.

Expected results:

  1. NVDA should read the open dialog without any crashing.

Versions:

VLC Portable  3.0.17.4 Vetinari

NVDA 2022.1

Windows Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1706)

Thanks.

Mr. Deenadayalan Moodley

--
Quentin Christensen