- NVDA Crashing when using VLC Media Player
Re: NVDA Crashing when using VLC Media Player
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Ah I hadn't seen this message when I replied just before. So please take my earlier points as things to try if you DO run into trouble with anything in future :)
Re the add-on, it looks like it is maintained by Javi Dominguez. It would be worth reaching out to Javi with the issue. From the compatibility page (where I can see the add-on should have been updated for 2022.1): Contact: Javi Dominguez fjavids@...
I think I tracked down the problem to the VLC nvda-addon. If I disable it, then NVDA works as it should. As soon as I enable the addon, then the problem seems to raise its head.
As the subject indicates, NVDA crashes when opening a media file in VLC portable.
Steps to reproduce:
- Launch VLC;
- Press <ctrl+o> to bring up the open files dialog;
- NVDA crashes;
- Bringing up narrator works without any issue.
- Press <ctrl+alt+n> launches NVDA once more.
- If you place focus back into the open dialog, NVDA crashes once more.
I have run Narrator and it has no problems.
- NVDA should read the open dialog without any crashing.
VLC Portable 220.127.116.11 Vetinari
Windows Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1706)
Mr. Deenadayalan Moodley
Training and Support Manager
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.