Re: Spelling / grammar checkers - I found one!

Hmmm well chrome does have one checking via google spelling dictionaries so I don't need it but good find quentin.

And its a microsoft app to so well we know it works.

On 10/06/2022 10:25 am, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi everyone,

Turning on my PC this morning, I got a suggestion from Microsoft to install their "Editor" plug-in.  These suggestions come up now and then and I usually ignore them, but since it looked to be the kind of thing we've been talking about recently, I was intrigued.

I can confirm it does work!  Essentially, it's a bit like grammarly - when you are typing in an edit field on the web (I used the Edge plugin but there is a Chrome one as well which I assume should work too, since both browsers are based on Chromium), it puts a red underline for spelling errors and a blue one for grammar - not dissimilar to Word.  NVDA doesn't buzz at you for an error, but when navigating it tells you that you have an error on that line, and reads it when you get to it.

You can find it at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/microsoft-365/microsoft-editor

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager