Saving An Image From A Webpage In Edge

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

I am currently trying to save an image from a webpage in Microsoft
Edge. I tried the more obvious strategies already:
• Select the image, Applications key, click Copy, and try pasting in a
Word document
• * Pressing Space, Enter, NVDA+Enter, NVDA+Shift+M followed by
NVDA+[, and other such keystrokes to see if I could open up the image
in a new page
• * Saved the page in a bunch of different formats (HTML only, .mhtml,
and the usual full page) in the hope that I could edit the document
and get rid of the rest of the webpage contents leaving only the image
(this did not work due to some oddities like HTML only not preserving
any of the webpage contents, .mhtml being an awkward format to work in
and it not being supported by Firefox, etc. but I still think there
might be potential down this route)

A sighted person might simply zoom the image sufficiently, press Print
Screen, and crop the image. I do not know how to achieve that
independently using nVDA and the keyboard. My sense is that there most
likely is a straightforward route to simply save an image from a page
in Microsoft Edge, and I would be very grateful for any suggestions
and advice as to what that may be.

Kind Regards,
Bhavya Shah
B.S. in Mathematical and Computational Science | Stanford '24

P.S. My apologies for not being able to share the link to the webpage
I am referring to. It is behind authentication and is confidential.
P.P.S. This may seem like a general tech question rather than one
uniquely about NVDA. While the ultimate solution may not leverage any
particular NVDA facility, I think some of the strategies that I tried
not working may reveal shortcomings in NVDA, there might be NVDA
add-ons that may be of use, and my task may be an instance of a
broader category of them for which NVDA users should readily know of a
relatively user-friendly approach.